wudan mountain returns...

bound by faith and blood.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Blessed are the meek:

for they shall inherit the earth.
I never really understood why the meek shall inherit the earth, and I can't say that after reading Bonhoeffer's thoughts has helped me to fully understand, but I guess it's a little more than before. When I think "meek," I guess I usually think of it having a slightly negative connotation, like being weak and quiet. Letting the big guy stomp all over you. But Bonhoeffer brings the perspective of the meek leaving their rights to God alone and relying on that alone.

Still can't say I quite understand it for myself...seems more like a passive lifestyle to me. But in this age of "stand up for your rights!" being "meek" is something that's worth thinking about, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home