wudan mountain returns...

bound by faith and blood.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

"breathing"

Judges 6:15

"But Lord," Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family."

Initially reading through the chapter, this is one of the passages that stood out to me. I suppose it stood out because it echoes a theme that's pretty prevalent in the Bible, where God utilizes people who would normally be considered among the least likeliest by the world to carry out some pretty heady tasks. Thinking about it fr. God's perspective, I suppose that the intent is to show humanity that their own efforts apart fr. Him at building themselves up will end up to be all for naught in the long run. That the concept of truly being saved only happens through the God's grace alone. It also seems that it's intended as a profound encouragement for His people who would be looked upon as the "dregs" fr. the world's viewpoint, and also perhaps fr. internal viewpoints w/in His kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home