wudan mountain returns...

bound by faith and blood.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

riddle me this, riddle me that

Judges 14:12-14

"Let me tell you a riddle," Samson said to them. "If you can give me the answer within the seven days of the feast, I will give you thirty linen garments and thirty sets of clothes. 13 If you can't tell me the answer, you must give me thirty linen garments and thirty sets of clothes."
"Tell us your riddle," they said. "Let's hear it."

He replied,
"Out of the eater, something to eat;
out of the strong, something sweet."
For three days they could not give the answer.


Samson is probably one of the most famous of the judges, but what I find interesting about his story is how complex his character is. Not only was he blessed with super-strength, God gave him ancient Hebrew rapping skills?

Seriously, the story of his wedding in chapter 14 shows how God works through our mistakes as well as successes. Samson picks the wrong wife, sets up a bad bet, and then kills 30 Philistine guys for just their clothes... and still, God was glorified. It's amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home