wudan mountain returns...

bound by faith and blood.

Monday, October 23, 2006

too busy (not) to pray

Recently, I find myself always feeling rushed for time. Things to do, so busy, must keep moving. Especially this past saturday with the praise night. The rest of the worship team had gathered to pray, and I was in the back tweaking the board and doing last minute checks. I looked up, saw them, and continued on about my business. I knew they would be in prayer for a bit, and I still had a couple things I needed to check. After a while, Justin, who was helping me with the sound check came over and said "hey, lets go and pray with the team." After finishing a few quick checks, I begrudgingly went with him and joined the rest of the team as they finished praying.
Ironic that the them was about returning to our first love, and I felt too preoccupied to even pray.

I find myself doing this more frequently of late during worship setup, feeling too busy to pray, to join the rest of the worship team up front with Pastor Lam and pray right before service. Not a thought to even saying a quick prayer while running around setting up. Going through this study on prayer, it's a good reminder for me that the (most) important thing on sunday is not whether the mics work, or the powerpoint slides are in order, or that the projector is on. And if I can't even take time to stop and pray, then I am missing the most important part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home